Saturday, November 13, 2010

La Sagrada Familia


It’s called The Holy Family in Catalan and its formal title is Temple Expiatori de la Sagrada Família. Is a massive Roman Catholic basilica located in Barcelona,Catalonia, Spain designed by the famous architect Antoni Gaudí.
His construction began in 1882 by the architect Francesc de Paula del Villar i Lozano who, after some disagreements with the promoters they had just begun the crypt, left the direction of the work. Then the task was transferred to Antoni Gaudi dismissing the old project and proposing a new one with constructive approaches of vocation monumental, accentuating symbolism with an exuberant ornamentation.
After Gaudí’s death in 1926 the work continued under the direction of Doménech Sugranyes until interrupted by the Spanish Civil War in 1935.
Antoni Gaudí worked on the project for over 40 years, devoting the last 15 years of his life entirely to the endeavor; the project is scheduled to be completed in 2026.
Parts of the unfinished building and Gaudí's models and workshop were destroyed during the war by Catalan anarchists. The design, as now being constructed, is based both on reconstructed versions of the lost plans and on modern adaptations.
The architect designed a church of a basilica plant in five ships, with a cruise of three, setting up a plant of a Latin cross.........READ MORE structures-art / Final Project
read more
structures-art / Final Project

The Sagrada Familia Finished in 3D



OMI Architects completes church conversion | News | Building Design

OMI Architects completes church conversion

    OMI Architects has completed the £800,000 conversion of a grade II former church in central Manchester into offices for a digital media agency.
    Listed church once used as a recording studio by Pete Waterman is turned into offices...........
The practice worked closely with the local authority conservation team to preserve the character of the original Victorian building on Deansgate while increasing the floor space sufficiently to make the development viable.
A completely independent five-storey structure was built in the nave of the church, which was originally designed by Edward Walters for the Congregational Chapel Building Association in the 1850s and known as Knott Mill Chapel......
read more
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...